6 Important Things To Add To Your Vehicle's Summer Maintenance Check List
As a car owner, regular maintenance repairs must be done to keep your car running smoothly. One of the best times of the year to make some maintenance repairs is during the summer. This is because weather changes can make a significant impact on how well your vehicle performs. Here are some of the top things to add to your summer maintenance checklist for your vehicle:
- Flush the Radiator: Coolant in the radiator will need to be replaced. This is because if replacement is not done, corrosion can begin, which can then lead to expensive radiator repairs.
- Replace the Air Filter: This repair takes about 5 minutes to get done. Since it should be done two times a year, you should get it taken care of during your summer maintenance routine. This will keep dust out of your engine that could cause significant problems since it could potentially block certain parts from running smoothly.
- Check the Tires: You will want to check the treading on your tires, especially since rain can happen in humid conditions during the summer time. With the right amount of treading on your tires, your tires will be able to grip the ground adequately to ensure that you cannot slide easily on a wet road, which will prevent accidents. If your tires are worn significantly, ensure that you have them replaced.
- Replace the Windshield Wipers: Since you likely used the windshield wipers in the wintertime, they have likely become worn and ineffective, which can be dangerous on the humid, rainy days in the summer. Ensure that you have the windshield wipers replaced to keep the road ahead of you looking clear to prevent accidents.
- Check Your Battery: Corrosion buildup on the battery can easily happen during the wintertime because of the cold conditions. If there is a heavy amount of corrosion on the battery, you will likely run into some starting problems during the summer. You should have this corrosion either removed by professionals or replace your battery altogether if the battery has been affected profoundly by the corrosion.
- Check the Headlights: It is important to ensure that you do not have a light that is out, which is a common problem that easily goes unnoticed. This is not only an important safety issue, but driving with just one headlight will lead you to receiving a ticket.
All of these important summer maintenance steps will keep you safe on the road, so you can be sure that you will not run into auto body repair issues in the middle of the summer season.
30 July 2014